Job Summary – Accountant
Our office is looking for highly motivated, energetic and career minded persons as Accountants to join our Accounting, Tax and Advisory teams based in our Suva office. This is a great opportunity to enhance your accountancy career. Successful candidate will be working with varied clients of Individuals, partnerships, SMEs and more under the guidance of their Managers. Moreover, the individual will be required to demonstrate their communication skills, good interpersonal skills, team worker, analytical, able to work under minimum supervision. whilst corresponding with the Tax Office and other relevant external parties.
The opportunity to learn and gain first-hand experience with professional accounting and tax consultants. To help prepare financial reports and assist with reconciling accounts and other duties, as needed. So, if you have the willingness to learn, good financial and analytical skills, a “can do attitude” and ability to put in the hard work then now is your chance to get in touch with us to start your career!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting with data entry, record keeping and compiling financial and tax reports;
- Meeting all requirements and carrying out reconciliations to produce periodic or annual reports;
- Providing assistance to Managers in preparing tax returns and tax planning for clients;
- Work with cloud-based accounting software such as MYOB and Xero;
- Uploading data to various statutory organizations’ portal such as Fiji Revenue Customs Service, Fiji National Provident Fund and Registrar of Companies;
- Corresponding and liaising with various statutory organizations such as Fiji Revenue Customs Service, Fiji National Provident Fund and Registrar of Companies on behalf of the clients;
- Maintaining confidentiality, honesty and integrity when handling sensitive information;
- Taking on additional tasks as delegated by supervisors
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Undergraduate Degree in Accounting/Commerce;
- At least two years of experience as a graduate or intermediate accountant or equivalent;
- Familiar with MYOB or similar accounting software;
- Familiar with FRCS TPOS, FNPF and ROC Portals;
- Keen learner and willing to go the extra mile to achieve results;
- Experience in a Chartered Accounting firm will be an advantage.
Application closes on 7th January 2024
Interested candidates are requested to complete the application form below. Only online applications will be considered.
NMC Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.